week before my wedding I was net surfing one afternoon and came across Eddie Izzard's myspace page. He had a list of tour dates and venues up so I looked to see if maybe - just maybe - he might be making it somewhere near here. I was expecting maybe Nashville or St. Louis but I didn't want to get my hopes up. So you can imagine how surprised I was to see that he was scheduled to be in Memphis on June 3rd! I freaked out! I called Krista and texted Tony to let them both know that we were going no matter what! I ordered 6 tickets online that day.His
show wasn't as good as Dress to Kill. But honestly, how can you beat Dress to Kill? It's THE best! Eddie did a lot of history-ish material and threw in more religion jokes than I expected. I mean this is the South, afterall. I mentioned that to a co-worker of mine and he said, "Well, that's Eddie. And if you're there to see him then you're not easily offended by religion jokes." So true. You have to be pretty open minded and a little on the educated side to appreciate Eddie.But sersiously... how can you not enjoy stand up from an executive transvestite who hails from Europe (where the history comes from)?
Pics:
Waiting on Eddie.
Opening bit. We were slightly disappointed he was wearing normal clothes. But at least he was wearing fan-Tas-tic make-up.
Mr. Izzard.
The show was only two hours or so. We were a little sad that it wasn't longer but relieved to stand up and stretch our legs a bit. All in all it was a fun night!
1 comment:
You don't know me, but I went to your blog to get more on the McD's comment posted on Amber's (blog), and was delighted to see a post about Eddie! One of my twin boys has a beloved stuffed toy that we call Eddie Lizzard. (Though he used to call it Eddie-is-a-lizard. ha! ha!)
Post a Comment