Tony's weekend - long birthday celebration was a blast!
The old clubs:
Tony inspecting and comparing the new clubs --
The next morning we got up and headed to Memphis. Oliver had gotten an early tee time for the boys at the Cordova Country Club. They got rained on a little but I think they had a good time. I'm just glad they survived the heat! It was crazy hot and muggy! Us gals had a great time shopping and hanging out. We all decided we should make this kind of outing a regular thing. After the morning activities Tony and I followed Krista to her place where we hung out, napped and showered. Kat and Oliver came down around 5:30. We all piled into Krista's car and headed downtown. The game was fun even if Krista jinxed us in the last inning. lol. The Redbirds lost but it was a good game. We decided to grab a snack at Big Foot before leaving downtown. We decided against the Sasquatch Burger but most of our crew did order the sweet potato fries. They're pretty awesome! Then with full bellies we headed back to Krista's and then Tony and I made our way back to Arkansas.
Yesterday, after church the birthday fun continued when Tony and I had lunch with my parents. They bought Tony a BBQ grill for his birthday and gave it to him after lunch. He's pretty excited about it and I know we're bound to have something grilled for dinner soon. Then last night we had dinner with Tony's fam. His parents bought him some fishing stuff - new rod, reel, tackle box, etc.... He's going to be the envy of all the fishermen this weekend when we go to the river. I know he's super excited about that too. We leave on Thursday for Spring River. So you know what that means - three day work week! YAY! Another reason to celebrate!
No comments:
Post a Comment