We just got thru watching the pixar movie Wall-e. It's real cute! And now as we're settling down for bed, Tony is reading and I'm checking email on my phone. We're so comfortable in our little house. It's hard to believe that I was signing the mortgage papers last January. But at the same time it feels like we've been here for years. I need to get my camera out and take some pics of the house so I can post about how much has changed. Honestly, not that much has changed. We have a few pieces of furniture and a couple of things hanging on th walls. But we were lucky with this house. The previous owners had put in new carpet and painted the walls this great dark brown. There wasn't much that we needed to do when we moved in. And everything seemed to move so fast... Which was great because we needed a house fast. But sometimes I look back and think how lucky we were with this house. We got a great loan and there are other houses similar to the size of ours on this street that are selling for way more than we paid for our house. And it made me feel really good when I ran into our realtor last fall at the store. She said, "you know ya'll got a good deal on that house don't you? Because you did."
Don't get me wrong, this house isn't perfect. It has it's flaws. But we've been very blessed with our first house. Hopefully we'll be able to make more improvements and do more decorating during our second year here on Cypress.And hopefully the robot-like sounds that are coming from the dishwasher are to be blamed on my poor dish loading skills rather than appliance itself. Ah..the joys of home ownership!
1 comment:
Awe, I love your house! I think it's totally cute! I'm jealous of your carpet... and I can't stop thinking about your aloe vera plant, by the way.
Post a Comment