Thursday, July 09, 2009

Penny's troubles

Penny had been acting strange some last week and then she did some strange things for Mom too while we were gone to the river last weekend. She'd started needing to tinkle like every 20 minutes and she started wetting in her cage during the night. At first I thought it was he just trying to get attention. I thought she was jealous of Stella. So we decided she needed to see the vet.

We figured that she had some sort of UTI or Kidney infection and we were right. The doc gave us some anti-biotic to tackle that. She takes a pill twice a day. I hide it in a piece of hot dog and all is good. We also found out that little Penny has heartworms. The doc said she's got the adults in her heart and babies in her blood. She went over what we would do to treat her for everything. The treatment she described will take likely go on for a couple of years. As if money wasn't already tight enough now Penny needs to go on meds! But luckily Mom has offered to help us take care of Penny. I hate letting her do it but she wants to. I don't know what I'd do without such a generous mother!

We hope that Penny will be back on the healthy track soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless her little heart! She is a cutie though!! Yes, aren't moms the best! Take care!