Friday, June 25, 2010

Being crafty

I love doing crafty stuff but I haven't had much time for it since I got married. Not sure why.... maybe it's because of the increase in my housework since I now have to pick up after two people instead of just one... anyway...

My pal Sallie is getting married next weekend and since she's a crafty girl herself, I knew she would appreciate a crafty and personalized kind of gift. Her new last name will start with a Z and a few weekends ago she mentioned to me and Krista that it's hard for her to find stuff with a Z on it. Which when you think about it, how many people do you know with a last name that starts with Z? I felt sorry for her - H and S are pretty common - so I've been looking for Z stuff everywhere. One day I came across this blog post about making a spring wreath with your initial in it. It seemed pretty simple so I tried it and I think it came out pretty cute.


There are two little love birds on the right and then three ladybugs - two on the left and one at the bottom. It's pretty easy really.

I thought it would be safe to post this here tonight since I plan on giving it to her tomorrow at her bachelorette party. So Sallie, if you read this tonight then just act surprised tomorrow, k?

It turned out so cute that I already have plans to make myself one.

2 comments:

amber c. said...

very cute! are you knitting anything? i've gotten craftier lately, but definitely took some time off after the nuptials... of course, that was eight years ago. who am i kidding?! you just have to make time for it if you enjoy it!

rae said...

I LOVE it!! Too Cute!!