Friday, January 28, 2011

Technology is a wonderful thing

I'm so proud of the state of Arkansas. (How often do you hear someone say that?) I don't know how long we've had the option to renew our tags online here in Arkansas but I know it's been around for a little while at least. Last year was the first year that I actually took advantage of the website. I was amazed by how simple it is. I've even renewed the tags for our FPOA work vans online. Seriously. So. Easy. Why don't we streamline more things like this!?!? It's saves so much time and stress. I'm sure other states have had it around longer but I'm still greatful for the Arkansan who got this rolling here in The Natural State.



The revenue office in my home town is open 8:30 to 4:30. *rolls eyes* For those of us who work outside of town those hours are pretty inconvenient. I used to just ask my mom to go take care of my car business since she was it was a lot easier for her. When she was working she got off at 4 so it was no big deal. But when it came to driver's license renewing time I always had to take off work. Too bad we couldn't find an easier way to do that. But I'm sure doing that kind of thing online would open the door to all kinds of identity theft and fraud. So for now I'll just be happy and appreciate that this morning it took me all of 4.5 minutes to renew the tags on Tony's truck. Ahh .. technology... how I love thee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I have become such an on-line junkie too. It is super convenient sometimes! I love all the bloggin' you've been up to lately! I feel like I'm getting a new glimpse into the world of a cousin hours away! Ahhh, technology. Take care!