Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"Hidden" Talents

This morning the boss and I were discussing the placement of our new ad in the Hot Springs Yellowpages. We just opened another office down there three months ago and phone book ads really work well for us and our type of business. Anyway... the funny thing is our display ad is on one page with the competitor's listing and then you turn the page and their display ad is on the same page is our listing. So we were just chatting about that and the placement of the ad and I told him, "At least our ad is on the right hand page. That's where you want your ad to be anyway because people turn the page with their right hand and their eye automatically goes to where you are turning." Rusty looked at me and said, "How'd you know that?" Ha! He'd forgotten I have a journalism degree and spent nearly seven years in newspaper and print advertising. I'm just multi-talented like that. That's why he pays me the big bucks!

No comments: