Thursday, March 15, 2012

FOUR MONTHS!




After putting up our anniversary post about being married four years I realized I'd forgotten to post about Darby turning four months.


Right now Darby is mostly sleeping through the night. We started putting her straight to bed in her crib almost two months ago and things have been working well. She still fights sleep (and us) when it's bed time. But mostly she's a sweet girl. She's been trying to get over her allergy yuckiness and hasn't been as quick to smile when you talk or play with her. I'm hoping that her sweet giggle will return when allergy season is done. She drools like crazy and talks up a storm when her mouth is hurting. She likes to squeal when she's playing with her toys - Pinky the elephant, Hootie the owl and Henrietta the hippo. Sometimes they have discussions and get into some pretty heated debates. (Hootie needs to watch her language and Pinky is easily offended.) When she went to the doc earlier this month she weighed 14lbs and was 26" long.


Darby's still on formula and has a 6oz bottle when she wakes up, another 6oz around lunch time, usually a 4oz around 5 o'clock and another 6oz before bed. Occasionally she'll have an extra bottle or two thrown in there but her normal minimum is least 28oz a day. We're thinking of starting food soon. I wanted to wait until she was five months but Tony feels like we should give it a try. She "discovered" her feet a few weeks ago much to the delight of her daddy. She's started pulling her paci out of her mouth and sucessfully putting it back in. And she's also starting to hold her own bottles at feeding time if she's especially hungry. Janet (my boss's wife) gave us a jumper that she had and her grandkids had outgrown. Darby loves to sit in it and has finally started to like her exersaucer that Granny and Poppaw gave her for Christmas. She loves sitting up and doesn't like to be left alone. Car rides are no problem - she usually naps. She was a great shopper with me yesterday when we went grocery shopping all by ourselves. She rode happily in the cart while I checked off my list and she even slept thru the check out.


I was just noticing how RED her hair looks in these pictures. I promise, it's not as fire engine red as these photos would suggest. There may be a reddish tint but it's not red-red. After I was grown I heard stories that my grandmother on my my dad's side always wanted a red headed grandchild. My aunts have been talking about it a lot since Darby was born. I guess everyone thinks she's gonna be a red head and Grandma Blanche is finally getting her wish.


That's the latest on our little one. I'm going to try and do more posts like this once a month just to keep up with how she's progressing each month. I should've started it earlier! And I should probably get out her baby book and start recording some things in it too.

No comments: