Mom asked me yesterday if I've been keeping up with what Darby does when and I said... yeah.. kind of. She doesn't read my blog or even really know about it. Don't know how she knew I was behind on my Darby update! So let's see if I can catch up! Where to begin?
Sleep: Still pretty odd sleep schedule. She gets sleepy around 9:30 on her own. I'm thinking of trying to put her down earlier so she won't be so overtired and restless when we do start our getting-ready-for-bed routine. She wakes up anywhere from 5:45 to 7:45. Some nights she wakes up and needs cuddling or a bottle. Some nights she sleeps straight thru. Not sure why she wakes some nights. I just blame it on the teething most of the time. Speaking of ...teeth
TEETH: We have two little teeth breaking thru! Both are in the front on the bottom. I discovered them last Sunday (4/15) and didn't know whether to cry or be excited.
Feeding: I started giving her a little bit of rice cereal or oatmeal after four months but she just couldn't get it down. But a couple of weekends ago she finally started to swallow it! She's really digging the oatmeal.I'm going to try and get her to have oatmeal once a day for a week and then we'll introduce some real baby food. Something else we've started with her is juice. We did some apple (2oz juice/2oz water) in a sippy cup a few weekends ago and she's really liking it. We got some white grape last weekend and that went over well too. She's pretty good at holding a bottle on her own but sometimes she still wants us to hold it for her when she's tired. We've tried putting her in a high chair a twice and hopefully that is something we can start doing more regularly since she's getting better at sitting up.
Clothing: Our tall little baby is quickly out growing her 3-6 and some 6 month sleepers. A lot of her onesies are getting too short too. So now she's pretty much in 6 month or 6-9 month clothes with a few exceptions. We're still on size 2 diapers but we have a pack of size 3s already open and ready to use.
Other milestones: Darby's hair is growing very slowly. I swear she had more hair when she was born! It's really light on top and darker in the back. Her eyebrows are really fair so she may be like her daddy and start out with blondish hair even tho he thinks she'll be a redhead. Darby's discovered a few new noises that she can make with her mouth. She blows raspberries (and blows spit everywhere) and she can make a clicking sound (kind of like what you do when you call a dog). She still gives sloppy kisses and laughs at surprises. She's getting better at sitting up but not quite perfect yet. She can roll over both ways. The other night I put her on a blanket in the floor and she rolled all the way across the living room. Forget crawling! She'll just roll everywhere, lol! Speaking of crawling, I think we might be getting close. She'll get on her knees or balls of her feet and stick her booty straight in the air. And she's super squirrelly. I don't know what else to call it. She won't sit still and she'll climb all over you, your lap and she'll pull and kick and wiggle and squirm and laugh and.... it wears you out. I asked Tony last night if all babies are this squirrelly or if it's just ours. He said they're all like this. Geez. I expected this kind of stuff when she got to be a couple of years old but not now. I can't imagine what she'll be like when she's 2! Darby still loves her exersaucer and jumper. We have some trouble getting her to nap when we're at my mom's house. That's something we'll have to figure out soon. She's still digging Phineas and Ferb too. We put in some Winnie the Poo at Mom's house and she was all about that. And we watched the Backyardigans Saturday morning and she was interested in it too.
Speaking of kids shows. What the heck is up with Yo Gabba Gabba? OMG. I hate it. That's going on the never-watching-it-again list. Darby didn't seem to feel one way or the other about it but I thought it was dumb and annoying.
Okay. So I think that's about everything. Can't believe she'll be celebrating her half birthday in just two weeks!
Oh, and if anyone has any advice about the squirrelly-ness I'd love to hear it. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment