Never say never.
I never thought I would miss Memphis but I do. Not sure why the bluff city has been in my thoughts so much this week. Maybe it's because the Spring is one of the best times to be in Memphis.
1. It's not too hot ....yet.
2. Downtown and Tom Lee Park have been taken over by BBQ and live Music for Memphis in May.
3. Festivals all over town are in full swing.
4. The Grizzlies are finishing up their season.
5. The Redbirds are starting their season.
Could it be that I'm stressed by my life right now and want to go back to the time when I lived in Memphis when everyone was healthy, I had a good paying job, great health insurance and a sweet apartment by the river? Could it be that I found and started re-listening to one of my Central Standards CDs? Or could it be that I came across this list on Pinterest and realized I had only done about five out of the 100? I miss meeting up with Kat and Krista for Chili's-n-Macy's after work. I miss mine and Tony's loved-up lazy Saturdays when we were dating and we did nothing but play PlayStation and run around town. I miss staying with Krista at her condo and watching our soaps and bad reality TV shows. I miss wandering around downtown during my lunch breaks. I miss walking down to Peabody Place for Starbucks on Friday mornings with Amber and the other gals from MBJ.
OMG.
It just occurred to me. I was laid off three years ago this week! 5/1/2009. Now it's all starting to make sense. Of course! Seriously, my sub-conscious has a perfect memory, lol. That's why I've been thinking about Memphis so much! Funny how your mind works isn't it?
2 comments:
How can it be three years already? I, too, usually miss Memphis in May. That city is pretty great at least one month a year! Oh, and I miss good benefits too! :)
Memphis misses you, too. (Particularly the Chili's-n-Macy's all-girl getaways. O won't let me near that store anymore!)
Post a Comment