Monday, September 29, 2014

Poison

Someone remind me to cover up head to toe the next time I do yard work at my mom's house. I wore gloves but also a short sleeved t-shirt. Next time, long sleeves will be a must. I figured if I touched any of the poison ivy/oak/sumac that is in Mom's yard the gloves would keep most of it away. And if it did touch me I would just wash up really well after coming back in the house and that would keep me safe. 
Nope. 

You would not believe how itchy this little patch is on my arm. I also have a few tiny spots on the outside of my right arm but they blend in with my freckles and do not look as bad as the patch on the inside of my left arm. It's been a week since I worked on the bushes at Mom's house and this stuff is literally waking me up in the middle of the night because it is itching so bad. I had poison ivy reactions on my feet two years ago because I was dumb and wore flip flops while working in the yard. That was pretty miserable. Now I just feel like an idiot. At least this isn't as bad as last time. 


No comments: