Wednesday, April 30, 2008

There will be .. eh... confusion

Tony and I got There Will Be Blood in from Netflix last week and didn't get a chance to watch it until last night. Since it was so popular with the Academy we were expecting .. um... somthing a little more than what we got. I like to think that we are intelligent people and can see the value in a film that has good acting and a great story line. This film just left us a little confused. I suppose it would've helped if we had read a little about the story before we actually pushed the play button.

About half way thru the movie our DVD player acted a little funny and froze up. When I pulled out the DVD to inspect it (turns out there was a small scratch on the disk) Tony said, "You know.. if we can't get it to work I won't be hurt." We did get it to work and finished the movie. But we were not very impressed. Granted, Daniel Day Lewis gave an incredible performance... I just didn't like the movie. It was very strange. After it was over I immediately put it back in the Netflix sleeve so that we could send it back as soon as possible. Eh... as Tony said last night... there's 2 1/2 hours of my life wasted that I can never get back.

No comments: