
So graduation season is hitting me really hard this year. Just 10 years ago I was a graduating senior at good ol' THS. I started thinking about that on my drive home the other day. I'm a completely different person now than who I was back in 1998. If you knew me back in high school then you would definitely agree. High school was not a painful time for me, but it was not all that enjoyable either. I guess you could say that I merely tolerated high school while knowing that better things were yet to come. Or maybe it was just that I didn't know any better so at the time I thought it was fun. Yeah... that sounds a little more like it!
Some folks look back and wish that they were still in high school because those were some of the best times of their lives. I am NOT one of those people. (College on the other hand is a different story!) But I have to say that things are pretty great now. I'd be an idiot to wish that things were any different. I'm loved, I have a good job and home and I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life.
A few of my classmates are beginning to plan the 10 year reunion for our graduating class. Most of the planning is being done by email via myspace. That in itself is a sign of the times! I haven't attended any of the group meetings due to scheduling conflicts. But I have helped a little by handling the printing of the announcements in the local paper and offering my opinions on various issues. I'm still a little undecided on whether or not I want to go to the thing at all. I feel like I should go. After all I just moved back to Trumann so it's not like I have to travel or anything. I guess we'll see. In the meantime I suppose I should get back on that diet of mine so that I can look good just in case I decide that I want to go. Yeah. I'll start that tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment