Friday, May 09, 2008

Sometimes it still gets me...


I'm married. I'm wearing a really pretty set of rings on my left hand. I am a wife. I'm a Mrs.

Crazy right?

I didn't mention this earlier in the week, but Tony and I are celebrating an anniversary of sorts this week. It was this time last year that Tony proposed to me. It seemed a little soon in our relationship to get engaged but it felt right. And we both knew it was right. We've had several conversations about the proposal and stayed up late at night talking about how nervous he was, how prepared he was to talk to my parents, how shocked he was with my dad's answer, how he chose the ring, etc.... We'd only been officially dating for 8 months. But it helped that we had actually been friends for three years before we ever went out on a date. And you know what they say - when you know, you just know.
I can't believe how much we've gone thru since last May. With Dad's health, the stress, the moving, the wisdom teeth, the staph infection, the job changes, the buying of a house, the wedding planning... I could go on and on. There was no way for us to know back then how much our relationship would be tested even before we got to our wedding day. I suppose everyone goes thru their own drama and complications. There are no perfect people and therefore no perfect relationships - including ours. I'm just glad that things are finally settling down. Dad's chemo treatments are going well, Tony and I are getting used to our new house and enjoying coming home to each other every night. So much good has overcome all the bad in our lives that I can't help but be thankful. I know God's timing is perfect and there is a reason for everything that happens in our lives. I'm beginning to wonder now that maybe all the bad things that have happened, had to happen in order for us to truly appreciate the good in our lives.
I don't know what's gotten into me! I'm going to stop all of this sappiness right now.
Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments: