Friday, June 13, 2008

It's been a week - so what!

Yeah. I was getting really good at this blogging thing for a while. But this week I just wasn't feeling it. We had a really busy weekend and I didn't take any pictures. It's a lot easier to blog when you have pictures.

Friday night we went to the concert and ran into Krista. RANDOM! I had no idea she was going! But while Tony and I were looking for our section I saw her standing in one of the concession lines. We stopped and chatted with her for a bit. She was there with her dad and she invited us to have dinner with them after the concert. But when it was finally over Tony and I were ready to head back to Arkansas. After all I still had some yard sale items that hadn't been priced yet. When we got back home Tony and I took a power nap and then I got busy with a pen and some little round stickers. Tony continued to nap on the couch while I finished up.

The next morning we got up super early to set up for the sale. We didn't have a lot of stuff but I wanted to make the best out of what we had. Mom came over around 6 and brought some clothing racks for us to use. We closed up shop around 11 o'clock with $47.50 more in our crayon box than when we started. For as much effort as we put into the sale I'd say we did pretty okay.

Sunday afternoon Tony and I drove out to Southwind Golf Course in Memphis to see the final day of the big Stanford St. Jude Championship. MBJ had some Sunday tickets left over, so when my publisher asked if I'd be interested I decided to take him up on it. Tony loves to play golf but never has anyone to play with. So I thought this would be a nice treat for him. And it was. When I first told him about the tourney he thought it was just a local fundraiser thing (since St. Jude is in the title). You can imagine how excited he was when we arrived and he realized that we were at a tournament that's on the PGA tour. Plus our tickets gave us access to the Pavilion. So not only could we walk the course and see the guys that make Sports Center but when we got a little hot we could just go in the Pavilion and cool off under the cold a/c with free food and an open bar. Yeah. It was super nice. And since the Pav had TVs showing CBS's coverage of the event, we pretty much hung out in there most of the time.

So that was my exciting weekend. The weekdays have been much more peaceful. And I am looking forward to having a date night with my hubby tonight. I think dinner and a movie are in our future. As is shopping for Father's Day presents.

No comments: