If you've never been to Gus's then you'll have to take my word on this ... it's an experience. It's not my favorite, but I'm not going to turn it down either. The place is pretty much a hole in the wall down on Front Street. There's no parking lot so you have to park on the street. And the place might seat 60-75 people at full capacity. Each time I've been it was at full capacity with people standing and waiting at the door for a table to open up. Yesterday was no exception. The chicken is tasty and on the spicy side. And the sweet tea is always super sweet. Just the way we southerners like it!But one of the down sides to having lunch at Gus's is that you smell like cooking grease for the rest of the day. A couple of my co-workers came into work this morning saying that they think they can still smell it in the office. I discovered a few minutes ago that my purse still smells like fried food. But I guess that's the price you have to pay for having lunch at Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken.
No comments:
Post a Comment