Thursday, August 26, 2010

Feeling appreciated

We've had a roller-coaster couple of days.

First the bad news: Tony's boss laid him off.
We knew it was coming and Tony was already trying to find a job. His boss is 62 and business was slow. Tony just had a feeling his boss was ready to retire and close up shop and on Tuesday his fears were realized. But we're hopeful. We've been thru this before when I was laid off nearly a year and a half ago. Plus he's already had a really good interview with a company in Trumann so we're hoping that works out.

Then the good news: I was offered a new job Tuesday night.
I interviewed with a friend of my mom's for this bookkeeping/customer service type job at a bank. The money and the job were not what was drawing me. I was mostly interested in their insurance. So even tho I didn't feel real great about leaving FPOA, I accepted the job. Wednesday morning I hated going to Rusty and telling him that I was quitting. I just didn't feel good about it at all.

Lastly the best news: Rusty made me a counter-offer!
We talked about it and I told him why I had accepted the other job. So we took a look at what I was paying for my insurance now and he offered me a small raise so that it's as if he's paying for my insurance. I'm so thrilled! And he made me promise to stop looking for a job. Done! It's really nice to have a boss who appreciates you and is willing to do a little extra to keep you. It meant a lot! I now know I'm valued and vital to a growing company.

Now if we could just get Tony's employment settled I'd feel a lot better. But I have to say I'm pretty tickled to be where I am right now.

1 comment:

Sallie said...

Yay for your good job! I'm so glad your boss is awesome! Hope everything works out for Tony on the job hunt.