I've never been much of a fashionista. My "style" - if you can call it that - is more classic than trendy. I like to buy clothes that are well made, timeless and basic essentials that I can mix and match with things I already have. I don't really get into trendy stuff unless it's something like accessories that are small and cheap. But I do splurge once in a while ;-)
Lately I've been reading a lot of fashion blogs. They're not really high fashion ... mostly they're normal everyday gals who just post a picture of what they're wearing everyday and talk about where they got this piece or that. The blogs are fun and they fill a kind of void I have in my life since I work in an office that is 80% male and I now wear jeans and t-shirts to work. Every. Day. I don't know what's in style anymore. I have no clue about the current trends and I miss the girl talk. Like ...
"Oh, is that a new skirt?"
"Where did you get that purse?"
"Cute shoes!"
"Check this out - I got it on sale!"
There are three ladies who are in and out of our office during a normal week. Two are part owners of the shop (R's wife and mother) and they spend maybe 3 hours a week in the office combined. Then the third is my little "assistant" who is in college and only works 16 hrs a week. I try to chat with them as much as I can just so I can make my girl talk quota for the week.
So what was my point? Oh yeah... the blogs...
A couple of the blogs I read mentioned this website called Smashion and I checked it out the other day. It's pretty cool. It's like ebay but only for clothes. There's other stuff too but I'm mostly interested in the buying and selling of clothes part. My closet is so packed with stuff I don't use. Since I don't dress up for work anymore I have a lot of clothes that I could stand to get rid of. I've already created a profile and hopefully I can list some items to sell soon. If you decide to go to the site and create a profile, you should add me as a friend. My screen name is tarabeth.
There's not much on the site for plus sized gals....yet. I'm hoping the demand is greater than the supply. Maybe this will be a way for me to keep up with things that are current and make a little extra money at the same time!
No comments:
Post a Comment