Wednesday, February 16, 2011

New project

In anticipation of my little niece/nephew that is to arrive sometime around my birthday, I've decided to start some knitting projects. One thing that I know I want to make is a little bootie pattern out of this Debbie Bliss book. I actually started the pattern back when my cousin Malinda was pregnant with her daughter Rylee and I never finished it. I still had it on the needles and everything. But since I had no clue what row I was on, I'll be forced to start over. For those of you who don't know, Rylee is in kindergarten. Ooops.. :-) It made me smile when I got the book out and found my "bookmark" at this pattern. It was one of those postcard reminders from the vet. This one in particular was a notice that Maggie was due for shots. Lol. Aww, sweet little Maggie. I like to refer to her as my first born since she was the first pet I ever had on my own. Silly? Maybe. Maggie now lives with Mom but I still think of her as my baby and a big sis to Penny and Stella.

What I'm actually working on right now is a little hooded baby poncho. I found the pattern online through the Lion's Brand website. They have tons of patterns for free! I think this one is really cute and since it's a poncho I figured it should be easy to get on and off of little fussy arms.

My worry with this pattern is that I hope I can make myself finish it. I'm so bad about not seeing a pattern all the way through. (Hello, did you read my first paragraph?) I get so frustrated with long patterns. I'm better off making dishcloths and scarves. Hopefully this one will be short and easy enough for me to actually finish before the end of summer. I just need to focus!

Have a look at my progress so far...
You're impressed.
I can tell.

I decided to go with red yarn just like in the pattern even though it's a different weight and brand. I tend to think that reds and purples are good baby colors when you don't know the sex. But that's just my opinion. Plus Arkansas State and Arkansas mascots are red so this will be appropriate for whatever team the family is cheering on in the fall/spring.
Yay Baby Shell!

No comments: