Tuesday, February 01, 2011

New shades

My husband is a nut when it comes to auctions. His whole family is too so I guess it comes naturally. They can be fun especially if you like people watching. I like to say that the auctions in our area are a cross between a white trash parade and a yard sale in fast forward. But that's just my take on it, lol. Before I went with him I'd only been to one estate auction in T-town and I went with Mom and Dad. I highly recommend those as well. Anyway, some weeks Tony may go to as many as three auctions. That can be a little bit much for me. A lot of times I just let him go on his own and I'll go hang out with Mom or do housework (read: catch up on my shows on the DVR).
Sunday afternoon Tony picked up these little babies at one of the T-town auctions.
They were $1.50. He also got me a black pair just like them. So that's a total of $3 for two pairs of sunglasses. Yay! Obviously, they are not real Coach. The logo on the side is just meant to make them look like it but I think they're cute! And they're polarized which means they came in pretty handy during this morning's rainy drive to work.

Speaking of that, have you ever heard of wearing sun glasses in the rain? I hadn't until Krista suggested it to me a year or two ago. The polarized lenses are great for rainy days because it makes everything brighter. You know when you're on the highway and you go to pass a big truck but the road is so wet that the truck is slinging up water on your car making it impossible to see? Impossible no more! Just put on your shades. Try it on your next rainy day commute and let me know if it worked for you too.

1 comment:

rae said...

LOL! Joe wears his sun glasses in the rain, too! I always make fun of him.....maybe I should actually try it. Ha!