Sorry I haven't blogged in a while. There's just been so much going on lately that I don't even know where to begin. There are so many things I would like to share right now but I'm just not ready to talk about it yet. I don't want to risk the chance of jinxing anything. But I do promise to fill everyone in when the dust settles a bit.
So on to what's on my mind today... my dad. Of course I think about him all the time. Honestly, not a day goes by when I don't. I sometimes visit the cemetery during my lunch break. I do that usually when I feel like I need to talk to him and get advice. The other day I started thinking about what was happening this time last year. As much as I miss him I would not want to go back to the way things were. It was torture for him and us. I've said this before and I'll say it again, dealing with cancer is not something I would wish on my worst enemy. I really feel like the whole experience with Dad has changed me in a lot of ways. It's made me more compassionate and made me re-examine what is really most important in life.
I am SO thankful for my momma! I know everyone thinks that their mom is the best but there are just no words for me to describe how wonderful, loving and generous my mother is. I don't know what I would do without her. We've always been close but lately we've really been spending a lot of time together. I am very fortunate to have a great relationship with my mother, but I always knew I would. My mom and grandmother were always super close. My hope is that if I ever have a daughter that we have the same bond that has existed between me and my mother and grandmother.
A week or two ago I went to my mom with a confession. It was something that I was scared to admit to her. I was so worried she'd be disappointed in me and worry. But Tony encouraged me to be honest and just fill her in on the situation. When I finally told her, she was so understanding and couldn't figure out why I was crying when I told her. She told me she was going to worry no matter what but everything would be alright. She also wasn't surprised. Moms have crazy intuition don't they?
And to you, my friends, don't worry. Everything is going to be okay and I'll fill you in soon on what's going on. I'm just a little too nervous to talk about it right now. But I promise full disclosure soon enough.