Friday, June 17, 2011

I'll always be his little girl


This Father's Day will be easier than last year's but it doesn't mean that I won't think of him and miss him.

I had a dream about two weeks ago that really shook me. I dreamt that Daddy hadn't died, he had just been in a coma. Mom and I were walking past the room where he was and she said something about how he couldn't hear us and he rose up and said, "Yes, I can!" We freaked out and ran to him. We both talked just as hard as we could trying to get him caught up on all that he had missed while he was "out". In all the excitement I grabbed his hand. It was then I noticed he looked as if he had never been sick. He still had all his dark hair, his hands were strong and he had that reddish tan just like he always had from being out in the sun so much. He looked healthy, not frail and tired. I told him he was going to be a grandpa and that we were going to have a little girl in October. He didn't say anything, he just grinned from ear to ear. It gave me the feeling that he already knew. And that's when I woke up. The dream really touched me and I still can't think about it without crying.

There's a lady that I work with who says when we dream of those who have passed on it's their way of coming back to visit us. I like the thought of that.


I wanted so much to be able to tell Daddy we were going to have a baby. I always felt like he would be an awesome grandpa. Maybe Daddy was visiting me in my dream so I could share my news with him. Maybe he knew just how bad I wanted to see that smile again.

No comments: