Jaxson is a week old today! He got to have a bottle yesterday instead of being fed thru a tube. Amber says they get to hold him for about 20 minutes a day now. And there's talk that they may get to come home this weekend. Yay for progress! I was really hoping that they would be back home and settled by the time that our baby got here and it looks like things will work out just fine.
Speaking of our baby and her arrival...
You may have seen me post this on fb but I haven't talked about it here. My doc moved my due date. I went in for my weekly check up last Thursday and when the doc came in he kept flipping thru my chart. Then he got out his phone and fooled around with his calendar for a while. Then we talked about when my last period was and I told him my cycles were usually irregular and I know for a fact I ovulated late right before we got pregnant. So he ordered me an ultrasound just to check on the baby's progress. {I think I mentioned this all here before but at my last scan (many months ago) the tech said I was due on Halloween. That went along with my math because I had figured I was due on the 30th. But the doc I saw at the time wanted to go off of my last period and that put our due date on the 19th.} So during the new scan the tech came up with the same date she did last time - Oct 31st. Another 12 days! The good news is during the scan we found out that Darby already weighs 6lbs, 3oz and is head down.
It didn't come as a huge surprise because I thought all along that the date was off but I'm still a little disappointed. And I know she'll come when the time is right for her. And that could be two weeks early or two weeks late. I just have some days where I feel like I've been pregnant for years. When it's someone else who's pregnant the months go by fast. But when it's you the time just seems to drag. So what's another 12 days, right?
AND she might even be late. We could possibly have a November baby! Oh geez!
No comments:
Post a Comment