I had my weekly doc visit this morning. Dr. C checked me and said I was only dilated at 1 cm. So he did a little membrane sweep - which is not pleasant btw. And I think it's working. I doubt we see any action today or tomorrow but that could definitely change in the next couple of days. So actually, this week could be my last pre-natal visit. He said the baby is head down and in perfect position and that we're ready to go at any time.
He also said that if I don't go into labor on my own by this time next week he'll want to talk about inducing me. I really don't want to be induced unless I have to. Same goes for a c-section. Ideally, I'd like to wait on Darby to let us know when she's ready to meet the world. I've had a fairly easy pregnancy with no major complications. I'm hoping my delivery goes as smooth.
While I was at the doc's office I decided to take advantage of the full length mirror in the exam room and take another (maybe last?) belly pic. I'm still carrying pretty high. I've read online where some women don't drop until they go into labor.
He also said that if I don't go into labor on my own by this time next week he'll want to talk about inducing me. I really don't want to be induced unless I have to. Same goes for a c-section. Ideally, I'd like to wait on Darby to let us know when she's ready to meet the world. I've had a fairly easy pregnancy with no major complications. I'm hoping my delivery goes as smooth.
It scares me to think that any day now our baby could be here. Seriously, I'm tearing up right now. Crazy hormones. On one hand, I'm so ready to be done with pregnancy stuff (the peeing every 5 minutes, heartburn, maternity clothes, mood swings, etc) and I can't wait to finally hold our little one in my arms. On the other hand, I'm freaking out about delivery and taking care of a newborn. And there's still stuff around the house and in the baby's room that I need to do to get ready. Guess I'd better get busy!
4 comments:
Yay yay yay!! Come on darby!!
1. delivery is going to happen one way or another so no sense in worry about it.
2. tiny babies don't need much... food and clean diapers and warmth. they start easy (quiet and sleepy) for a reason!
you can do it!!!
*worrying
I know, Amber. I just had a little freak out session yesterday (and last night) :-) I'm feeling much better about everything today.
Post a Comment