Monday, October 24, 2011

39 weeks

Yesterday afternoon I went over to Mom's house and worked on my thank you cards for baby gifts. Yes, I know I'm a little behind but at least they're getting mailed out before the baby gets here. That's something, right?



Anyway, while I was there I had a little extra "help" from my furry first born. Cats are so funny. No matter what you're doing they always want to be right in the middle of it. Maggie even liked hanging out in the bag I used to carry everything over to Mom's house.


As of today, Monday, I am 39 weeks pregnant. Last week at my doctor's appointment he told me that I hadn't even started to open up yet. No dilating for me this week. I'm beginning to think we might just have a November baby. And that's okay. It gives us more time to get ready. Plus my dad's birthday was in November so it would be sweet to have my little girl's birthday during the same month. It would be cool if she could be born on his birthday but we're not waiting until the 25th to have this kid!



I went and got a flu shot today. One of the hospitals in Jonesboro was offering free flu shots so I went down during my lunch break and got one. It would've cost me at least $25 anywhere else. I've never had a flu shot and I'm a little worried about how it will affect me. Yes, I know the doctors recommend it for pregnant women but the real reason I got one is because my mother-in-law insisted that we all get a shot this year. She gave Tony his last Tuesday (she's a nurse, btw) and he felt pretty crummy afterwords. He even had to stay home from work on Thursday because he felt so bad. I'm really hoping my luck will be better.

No comments: