Friday, June 29, 2012

Is it hot in here, or is it just me?



Suitcases. For when a pack-n-play just won't do.

Mom and I have been slowly working on getting my grandpa's house in order. It's been really difficult for us, emotionally. And since Darby is usually with us that adds another level of difficulty. It's hard to dust, clean and go through old memories while chasing after an infant that is learning to crawl and is into everything. The last time we were over there I found this suitcase in the closet and a lightbulb went off. I put Darby in the suitcase with some toys and it was like a mini play pen. Of course she can still crawl out but she likes to play with the pockets and straps in the suitcase almost as much as her toys.

The suitcase came in especially handy last night when we spent the night at Poppaw's house. Our a/c unit went out again. We had something replaced on Monday and thought that had fixed it but yesterday it stopped working again. The repair guy got to our house about 10 a.m., but it was too hot. He had to quit around lunchtime because the heat was too much for him. It was too hot in the house for us to stay so I decided all of us -me, Tony, Darby, Penny and Stella - should go spend the night at Poppaw's house. So last night I packed up some of the baby's things along with the furry babies and we spent the night on Maple Street. Darby was great. So far she has done really well with sleeping in her pack-n-play in strange places. She slept good at the river and at Poppaw's. But I do try to make it feel like home by bringing her noise machine and boppy pillow. I just set it all up in one of the bedrooms and she was good to go. We kept the suitcase out in the living room so she could play until bedtime.


Luckily, our repairman came back early this morning and had everything fixed by 8 a.m. Unluckily, we've spent a little over $380 this week getting everything repaired. If it goes out again, I think a very angry daddy and pawpaw will be paying our guy a visit. Just sayin'.

1 comment:

rae said...

Those pictures are precious! But sorry about the AC. That stinks.