Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Seven months

I am soooo behind! I just uploaded Darby's seventh month pics. Darby has been so squirrelly and moody lately. I blame it on the teething and also she refuses to sit still!

Sleep: This one is hard. She's getting up some nights and sleeping thru some nights. She's still unpredictable when it comes to waking in the morning. Going to bed is always a struggle. Again, I blame the teething. The only way we can get her down is with a bottle and rocking. She's given up pacifiers on her own. It's good because that's one less habit to break but now the only comfort she'll accept is a bottle and cuddling. She's never been interested in a lovey of any kind. I used to put her to bed with the same blankey bunny every night but she never cared about it so I just stopped using it one night and it never bothered her. One more habit we won't have to break, right?

Teeth: So far she still just has the little pair on the bottom. But I think her next tooth(or teeth) will be on top. I thought I saw a little something starting to make it's way thru. Can't wait for teething to be over. She's having a heck of a time.

Clothing: This pretty much varies from outfit to outfit but most 6 month items are too short and some 9 months are too wide. So she's in 6-9 month clothes and some 9 month outfits. We just put her in whatever fits comfortably regardless of what the tag says.

Feeding: Darby has oatmeal every morning along with a bottle and some baby food (or mushy mommy/daddy/gramma food) for dinner. She still has a bottle for lunch and snacks throughout the day. We're trying to get her back on juice and/or water in the afternoons but we're having trouble getting her to accept a sippy cup. This is really frustrating because a couple of months ago she took the cup and juice with no problem. But she had a bit of a stomach bug (along with her momma) and after that she refused any cup or juice even if it was in a bottle. We keep offering it to her and have picked up a couple of different cups to see if something different will interest her. We actually had a little bit of success with a sippy cup with a straw. She'll use it for a short amount of time but only if the liquid in it is room temp. She HATES anything cold ... except ice cream. Ice cream is still okay :-)

On the move: Darby is officially crawling! She was doing some rocking up until Memorial Day. When we came home from the river she started to really crawl. It's pretty scary. We need to do some major baby proofing in our house b/c this lil girl wants to get into everything. She's starting to pull up on some things and that's even more scary than the crawling. Tony had to lower her bed a couple of weeks ago because she was standing up in the crib and it made us a little nervous. She's still standing and pulling herself up but at least now we're not worried that she might try to climb over the side.

Other milestones: We've switched car seats. Big shout-out to cousin Nicole and Aunt Peggy from Alabama. They passed down their two "big girl" car seats to us and we've already started to use one in Mom's car. Darby loves it. She can stretch her legs out and move around a lot easier than in the infant carrier. We're still using the carrier in my car but I bet we switch that out pretty soon. It's so nice to not have to move that carrier back and forth and I'm happy to not have to carry that thing everywhere. It was getting super heavy! Speaking of heavy Darby's last doc appointment was June 12th and she weighed 17 lbs and 12 oz. She's 27 3/4" long. Our baby's gonna be a tall girl! 

No comments: