Tuesday, August 21, 2012

9 months

Things are getting pretty crazy! Our little sweet pea is 9 months old and shows more personality each and every day. And she's starting to not like the camera. More accurately, she's hating the flash. She loves our phones and doesn't mind when we take photos or videos with that. But when I take pictures with my real camera she squeezes her little eyes in anticipation of the flash.

Sleep: Same ol' same ol'. I'm still working on that going to bed earlier thing. Not great at it yet.

Teeth: Darby now has five teeth. Two more came in on top. Her two front teeth have a little bit of a gap between them. I had a gap in my front teeth until I got braces in the 8th grade. So it looks like she'll not only have my face but also my teeth too.

Clothing: We're slowly growing out of the 6-9 month outfits but only the sleepers, shirts or onesies. She has a pair of 9 month shorts that are so baggy on her that when she crawls I actually get a lil nervous that she might crawl right out of them.

Feeding: We're introducing more table foods and more snacks. Right now her favorite is the lil crunchie snacks from Gerber. She still has a couple of bottles a day and a couple jars of baby food but she also gets a bite or two of our dinner if we feel it's something she can handle. She really loves picking up stuff and feeding herself. Still having same drama with sippy cups. I keep trying to offer different cups but she's just not interested. She'll drink anything - hot or cold - if it's a bottle. But not so much with the cup.

Check up: Darby had her 9 month doctor visit earlier this month and got caught up on some shots. She weighed 18lbs, 15oz and measured 28 inches long. Darby has never been a fan of going to the doctor and this trip was no exception. She's really starting to experience that whole stranger anxiety thing. She's usually so outgoing and friendly but not with the doc or the nurses. I ended up holding her for most of the exam. The doc encouraged me to start trying to feed her less formula and less with a bottle. But I just don't know if we can get rid of the bottle yet.

So that's about it for this month. Can't believe her actual birthday is just a few months away! I know it's early but I'm already thinking of party themes. I'm throwing around the idea of a ladybug or Minnie Mouse themed party. If you check out my Pinterest boards you'll see I've already pinned a couple of things for both themes. I'll make a definite decision as the day gets closer.

No comments: