Saturday, September 01, 2012

Thank goodness for three day weekends

If I ever needed a three day weekend it's now. I had one heck of a week. Started the new job on Monday and then came down with some kind of cold/sinus infection/allergy attack in the middle of the week. Plus Darby has been a little snotty herself.

I feel like I've been living someone else's life this week. First of all I was sick and that made everything feel funny. Then going into a new job just made me feel even more strange. This new gig is different. For the record, this is the fifth newspaper I've worked for. FIFTH! So I know my way around an ROP. (That's a printing term for "run of paper" for any of you non-newspaper folk.) I just feel like they do things the hard way. Things are so unorganized that it drives me crazy.  

I do like the work. I'm working with Major/National accounts so I'm basically dealing with ad agencies all day via email and phone. Perfect for someone as introverted as me! I'm using a mac now which is another adjustment. But I know I'll get the hang of it. The five retail sales people are out of the office most of the day so I haven't had much of a chance to really get to know them much. But they're mostly friendly and chatty when they come around my desk. There's a lady in production that I love and I really like the woman who is the dept assistant. So at least I've made friends with the lil old ladies. Maybe they can give me all the scoop on office gossip.  

In non-Tara related news, Tony has something extra to add to his resume'. He was just voted as the new President for the Trumann Athletic Boosters. This cracks me up in so many ways. First of all, his only child is not in sports or even school yet. Secondly, Trumann can be known for not accepting "outsiders". I can't believe they didn't elect someone who is the son of a coach or local farmer. Tony's only lived here 4 1/2 years. Lol. Thirdly, we were band kids in high school and college. But he is Trumann's Umpire-in-Chief this year and just got on the Park and Recreation Board. So I guess he is qualified ;-). According to Tony this is his next step in preparing to overtake the city of Trumann. lol.   

And I guess that's about it. I need to wrap this up and get back to working on the church bulletin. That's the real reason I came over to use Mom's computer today. Hopefully when things settle down at my new job I can figure out when it's safe to do personal things on the computer again. Until then I may just have to do some updating by phone.

No comments: