I have this shirt that I got from Belk back in the spring and it's currently in my regular work clothes rotation. I've worn it probably six or seven times. I really like it but sometimes I wonder if it leans a little to the High-School-Color-Guard-Uniform side of the fashion spectrum.
Here's the top, sort of ...
It's a Kim Rogers, color block 3/4 sleeve top with turquoise on top and black on bottom. Looks just like the pic - except mine has a 5 1/2" hem of black mesh type material at the bottom and is cut in a shark bite style.
I was surprised by how much I liked it when I tried it on in the store. Usually the shark bite cut makes me look extra hippy. But this was done right and it's low enough that it flows along with my hips instead of too far above or below them. When I got it home and tried it on in my own bedroom, I noticed it looked a lot like uniforms I had seen on a color guard before. I'm not gonna lie, it would actually make a great uniform top. I don't know if anyone else in my daily life has noticed this or not. I don't mingle with as many band nerds as I used to. So as long as no one gives me any funny looks then I guess I'll keep wearing it.

No comments:
Post a Comment