Monday, May 05, 2008

Dirty Weekend

A few weeks ago it really concerned me that our house looked pretty plain on the outside. It still looked like any empty house to me. The only thing that would make you think other wise would be mine and Tony's vehicles out front or Tony's boots sitting on the porch outside the front door. So I decided that as soon as the weather was pretty enough I wanted to start adding some things in the yard so that people would believe that we actually live in the house.

First came the wind chimes. I bought these in Hardy several years ago but I had never hung them. I wanted to hang them up while I was at Island Park but the ceilings on the balcony was so high that I just never got around to doing it. I've never had wind chimes and these are just lovely! They aren't real tinkly. They have a great deeper sound to them. Tony hung them up for me one afternoon week before last. They're great!
Every year when Spring starts springing I like to pretend that I'm going to become some great gardener. This year it's great because I actually have a yard to do something in! But so far I've only done some potted plants. The aloe vera plant on the end is one that I've had for a while. I bought it when I moved in at Island Park and now it is huge! I had to re-pot it last weekend because it was outgrowing the pot I put it in last spring. I'm not sure how it's adjusting right now tho. It's looking a little unhealthy. Tony says it's the weather but I'm afraid that I did something wrong while replanting. Only time will tell. The other pots are new. The three at the bottom are flowers that I'm attempting to grow from seeds. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed on those. I've never been very successful at growing plants from seeds. I either forget to water them or the weather kills them. Let's hope I can do something productive with these eh?
While sitting on our little porch I made a few friends.
So here you'll notice the rabbits hanging out in front of the house across the street. These are not run of the mill happy little wild bunnies. No sir. These are pets and if you talk about them in front of Tony be sure to refer to them as "hares". According to him these guys are too big to be rabbits. It's crazy if you ask me!

In friend picture no. 2 is a little spider that was crawling all over my flower pots. I let him live - even tho I was slightly creeped out - simply because I'm hoping he'll catch some of the ants or skeeters that plague our neck of the woods.

So all in all it was a pretty nice Saturday afternoon. The weather was good, I was one with nature and even got a little dirt under my fingernails :-) Next weekend maybe we'll start that flowerbed I've been dreaming about!

No comments: