I'm still trying to get used to the idea that I'm going to be a mom. I'm excited about having a child but I'm scared to death of actually giving birth and handling a newborn. I know I just need to suck it up and deal with it. Women have been doing this for centuries, right? I'm tough! I can handle it!
To get me prepared I've been checking out lots of stuff on the internet and have picked up a few books. Tony bought me What to Expect When You're Expecting for an anniversary present and I bought Jenny McCarthy's book Belly Laughs a few weeks ago. I've also started listening to the Pregtastic podcasts. Any other mommies ever heard of Pregtastic? I think they're great! I've learned so much just from listening to them. If you have any other websites or podcasts to recommend I love to hear about them. Also I'm planning on going down to the Jonesboro Library sometime soon. There are some books I want to read but don't think I'll be interested in keeping them. So if they have those books that would work out perfectly.
To get me prepared I've been checking out lots of stuff on the internet and have picked up a few books. Tony bought me What to Expect When You're Expecting for an anniversary present and I bought Jenny McCarthy's book Belly Laughs a few weeks ago. I've also started listening to the Pregtastic podcasts. Any other mommies ever heard of Pregtastic? I think they're great! I've learned so much just from listening to them. If you have any other websites or podcasts to recommend I love to hear about them. Also I'm planning on going down to the Jonesboro Library sometime soon. There are some books I want to read but don't think I'll be interested in keeping them. So if they have those books that would work out perfectly.
During my first trimester (mostly months 1 and 2) I was constantly sick. Then one morning (around week 10) I woke up and felt like a totally different person. It was like someone switched the light on in a dark room. Now that I'm in my second trimester I find that I almost forget that I'm pregnant. Funny, isn't it!?! I'm not as nauseous and I don't require a nap every day when I get in from work. I'm still just as moody tho. One day I cried because it was raining. The other night I cried because I got mad at Stella for climbing on the TV. Geez.
I'm still doubting my due date of October 19th. I just don't feel like I should be 19 weeks pregnant. I'm barely showing and I can still fit into most of my regular clothes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I just thought I'd be bigger by this point. Here's a pic I took of myself Tuesday:
I guess you could call it my first belly shot even tho there's not a whole lot of baby belly yet. I'm mostly just regular old Tara belly. My boobs on the other hand... woh. And since this pic kind of covers my face I decided to do a normal pic of myself too, lol.
My hair is growing like crazy, right!?! Thanks again pre-natal vitamins! Tony tells me at least once a day that it's time to get a hair cut. Ha! I was planning on just letting it grow until last week when Tony declared he wasn't shaving again until I got a hair cut. Now I have to get it cut because I can't have my hubby looking like Grisly Adams!
3 comments:
The doctors told my mom that my due date was October 19th, too. It wasn't until 10 days later that I appeared on the 29th, so I say phooey on the doctors and listen to your own body.
You, my friend, are going to be such a fantastic mother. I mean, look how well you raised Tony! ;)
I listened to the Pregtastic podcasts while working at MBJ! Here's my advice -- don't get yourself too worked up about how the birth/pregnancy is going to go, and use your time and resources now to learn up on babies. No matter what, they'll get that baby out. However, "they" won't be with you when you get that baby home and you're wondering what to do with it! Of course, I'll be here -- along with all your other friends and relatives -- to field questions!
Here's a link to me at 20 weeks with miss a -- not showing much, either. You'll pop soon!
http://endmostreckonings.blogspot.com/2008/07/is-anyone-getting-tired-of-seeing.html
I love this! I am expecting a weekly update from now on!! LOL! But for real though, I want belly pics and all every week, so I can see when you get a baby bump!
Post a Comment