Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Surprise!

This may not come as much of a surprise to many of you... but I have an official announcement to make!




We are expecting!




As of today I am somewhere between 14-17 weeks pregnant. Confusing, right?

DISCLAIMER: This may be a little TMI so please feel free to skip to the next paragraph.
My natural cycle before BC was 30-32 days and it was never really consistent. After I went off the BC it got even crazier. Once it was as short as 24 days and once as long as 41 days.

Long story short... if you go by my LMP then I'm due mid-October. But since I know I ovulated about two weeks late I'm guessing that our due date will be late Oct/early Nov. We'll get a more accurate idea of how far along we are and when our due date is when we go for an ultrasound next Tuesday. They're expecting to be able to tell the sex by then but I'm not so sure. I guess we'll see!

My guess is a girl. I did one of those little Chinese birth calendar things and it came out girl. Plus every time we've listened to the heart beat it's been pretty high and they say that could be an indicator that it's a girl. And of course there's the deal that Amber and I made about a month ago. She'd have the first boy and I'd have the first girl. So that's it. We've decided that's how it's going to be. Lol.

I promise to give more details later but right now it's dinner time and I'm starving. I better get something in my stomach NOW or suffer the consequences!

2 comments:

amber c. said...

yay! no tmi for me! i love the deets! i was really irregular after going off the pill too... and you know how long it took us to get miss a. so you're doing great! and 14-17 weeks is pretty far along! i hope you're feeling well! woo-hoo!

Anonymous said...

Yea, Tara! I know you are excited! BTW, my SIL found out what she was having at 15 weeks. It is entirely possible to find out sex if the baby chooses to pose exactly right. I wouldn't, however, go shopping until you get a later ultrasound. ;-)