I don't know if it's the pregnant belly talking or what but last night's dinner was awesome. Here's why:
A. Tony made fried potatoes and
B. I made an amazing chocolate dessert
I've been wanting some fried potatoes lately and Tony's are the closest I've found to my grandmother's potatoes. When I was little and both of my parents were working I would stay with my Mommaw Johnson. She would fix lunch for them every day. And she would really cook. I'm talking the biscuits-from-scratch-and-fried-veggies-from-the-garden kind of cooking. She did it every. single. day. I had no idea just how good I had it back then. Anyway, sometimes she would let me pick the menu and one of my favorites was her fried potatoes. She always got upset when some would turn a little brown and extra crispy but those were my favorite. :-)
So Tony made fried potatoes along with his pork chops. Yum! Then I tried a new dessert that I saw on the Picky Palate website called Gooey Cookies and Cream Double Chocolate Cake Bars. Seems like a super long name but they are super delicious!
A. Tony made fried potatoes and
B. I made an amazing chocolate dessert
I've been wanting some fried potatoes lately and Tony's are the closest I've found to my grandmother's potatoes. When I was little and both of my parents were working I would stay with my Mommaw Johnson. She would fix lunch for them every day. And she would really cook. I'm talking the biscuits-from-scratch-and-fried-veggies-from-the-garden kind of cooking. She did it every. single. day. I had no idea just how good I had it back then. Anyway, sometimes she would let me pick the menu and one of my favorites was her fried potatoes. She always got upset when some would turn a little brown and extra crispy but those were my favorite. :-)
So Tony made fried potatoes along with his pork chops. Yum! Then I tried a new dessert that I saw on the Picky Palate website called Gooey Cookies and Cream Double Chocolate Cake Bars. Seems like a super long name but they are super delicious!
I've been in a chocolate mood lately and these looked perfect! I should give a big shout-out to my
cousin Nicole here because she's how I discovered Picky Palate. They have the most decadent and rich desserts. She mentioned them on her blog back before the holidays and since then I've been hooked. I made their chocolate covered oreos at Christmas and they were a hit at both family Christmases.
Tony says these cake bars tasted like a warm chocolate chip cookie straight out of the oven. They are gooey and so rich. It was a bit messy mixing the cake mix together as the website recommends using your hands. My nails are kind of long right now - thanks again prenatal vitamins - and I got chocolate cake mix all under my nails. (It was not a cute look, lol. I've got to keep these claws of mine under control!) But man, these are so good! And if you're in need of a major chocolate fix than these are what you need.
We have a pot-luck coming up at church this weekend... I may try and make them again on Sunday :-)
1 comment:
Yum! I'm so glad you love Picky Palate too! I'm going to have to try these!! :)
Post a Comment