Thursday, September 01, 2011

August

Where did the month go?


I don't know why I hadn't blogged more last month. Maybe I just didn't have anything exciting happening? Let's take a look back...



First weekend of August... We went to the river for my big family reunion. It was a good escape since the air was acting up. Stella went to stay with my Grandpa and we took Penny with us. It was her first big road trip. She had so much fun riding in the truck and watching out the window! She LOVED it. What she didn't love however was my mother-in-law's dog Daisy. At first we thought they would just play together but Penny was a bully. She ended up with a scratch on her face and we had to keep the two separated on opposite sides of the house for the entire weekend. Penny is such a good dog when it's just us at home. She minds and sits in our laps and is calm.... but when other people or animals are around she freaks out. I know Jack Russells are hyper but geez!


The next week I went for another doc appointment and finally got to meet my real doc. After I got pregnant I found out I couldn't go to my old OB/GYN anymore because he doesn't deliver anymore. But they were expecting a new doc to start working at the clinic in August so they assigned me to him. Who have I been seeing at my other doc appointments since my new doc hadn't started yet, you ask? Answer: Every other doc in the clinic. Lol. I didn't mind really. The way their system works is if I go into labor on the weekend, when my doc is not on call, I could end up having one of the others delivering my baby. So really, this gave me a good chance to meet them all in case they might be the ones I see in the delivery room. My new doc is Dr. Cesare and he seems good. He's young (he's probably a few years older than me but in my mind that seems young for a doctor) but he seems to know what he's talking about.




Speaking of baby stuff... Amber (my s-i-l) had her baby shower on the 21st. I decided to make a diaper wreath. I'd helped my cousin Malinda make one before but this was my first solo attempt. I was happy with how it turned out. Amber's doing dark greens in her nursery and she's all about elephants and monkeys. She got a ton of clothes at her shower which I thought was odd since she's having a boy. Laurie (m-i-l) and I had a discussion later that day about how she got almost nothing but clothes. Strange. And she got two baby bed mattresses. lol. Instead of taking one back she decided to give one to me. Which I gladly accepted.



On my way home from Amber's shower, Tony called me. Our a/c had gone out again. We knew that what had been done earlier in the month was just a temporary fix until Tony's dad could get a part ordered for the a/c unit. We had been running the fan non-stop, which helped keep the house cool (and electric bill high) but running it like that ended up burning up another part that had to be replaced. This time, father and son Story decided it would be best to call in a professional. We had a repairman come to the house the next morning and now our a/c is as good as new! But that Sunday night Tony, me, Penny and Stella all stayed at Mom's house. Penny was all wound up because she was in a new place with new animals and that pretty much kept us on pins and needles for most of the night. Stella was plain ol' ticked off that she couldn't stay in her own house. She even hissed at me when I took her out of the carrier. Then Momma's cats stayed hid the whole time we were there. They have not reacted well to Stella's visits in the past and they sure didn't like the idea of Penny being in the house. I don't think any of us rested at all that night. Thinking about it makes me tense all over again. Thank goodness the repair guy had things back to normal early the next day. I don't know if we could've survived another night like that!




I had another check up last week and everything is still looking good. I think I gained a pound or two (the nurse didn't tell me my weight before she wrote it down). The doc didn't even mention it when he came in and looked at my chart. But when he measured me he said I was "right on the money." So I'll just take that as a good sign. I'm down to having doc visits every other week now. As of this week I'm 33 weeks pregnant. SCARY! I go in again next Thursday. Pretty soon they'll have me in every week. o. m. g. We're really getting close aren't we!?!


I've been having major trouble with my hormones lately. My whole pregnancy has been like that but the last couple of weeks have been really hard. Up until recently I could pretty much bet that I'd have a crying fit at least once a week. Now, it's more like every few days. Sometimes I'm crying because I can't stop crying. Seriously. I just don't know what to do. I thought about asking the doctor about it but I'm sure he'll just tell me that crazy hormones are normal and it will all be better after October. I hope it does even out. I'm not sure how much longer Tony can put up with me. He thinks I'm mad at him all the time. (I often cry when I'm mad.) So when I can't give him a reason why I can't stop crying he gets upset with me.... which in turn makes me cry even more. It's a vicious cycle. Yay pregnancy!



I've been sleeping a lot more lately too. I go to bed around 9 p.m. and then sleep until 6:30. And it's a struggle for me to get up even then. I get mad at myself because there's so much I need to do - hello nesting! Everyone says I should get all the sleep I can right now but I feel like I'm behind on a lot of stuff at the house. It'll all work out, right?



This weekend is Labor Day and I think we're going to the river. Part of me wishes we could stay home and get some stuff done but another part of me says get out and do fun stuff now while we can. September is going to be a fun month with football games, tailgating, my birthday and baby shower! I'm getting excited and can't wait!

No comments: