I've heard it said several times during my life that Trumann was built on an ant hill. We don't always have a problem with ants at our house but they do show up from time to time. I remember freaking out about them when Darby was teeny tiny, tho. They showed up around the area where we would set her bottles out to dry and the thot of bugs crawling around her stuff made me go nuts.
After we got home from the river this weekend, I noticed a few ants at our house. It was strange because they were hanging out around the stove. Usually they are around the sink or window sill. Not sure why they were chilling over by the stove unless they assumed we didn't use it much. Monday night I actually did some cooking and used both the over and stove top. Not only was I making dinner but I also hoped the heat would maybe kill/scare off the ants. No such luck. Yesterday I saw more of them crawling around. So when Tony offered to buy dinner last night I totally let him. After dinner we went to the store and bought some ant bait. I set it out last night before bed and found this when I woke up this morning.
I had to hide the ant bait behind some things on the stove because we have a very nosy cat and active 19 month old. I didn't want either one of them getting their paws in the poison. When Mom came in this morning I warned her about the ant stuff and told her not to kill the ants crawling around. She and I have had this discussion before. It's tough to watch the ants everywhere. You want to just smush them all, but you have to refrain. They're getting the poison and taking it back for other ants. So if you kill them while they're getting the poison it kind of defeats the whole purpose. Hopefully, I'll get home today and all traces of the ants will be gone. Or we'll have eat out for dinner again tonight.


2 comments:
We had ants early this spring. I got some of those bait traps and they did work pretty well... but then I ultimately called the exterminator and had him spray a wee bit, which I hated to do. He said those baits are as effective as his spray. And there's no rhyme or reason as to why they're coming in.... it's just nature. We're all living right on their homes! Good luck!
Ugh, ANTS! Every spring we have a major ant problem. Drives us insane. Takes us forever to get them under control again. We used those same traps this year and they did do a pretty good job, tho. They always seem to come in around the dishwasher and there's one floor vent they find their way through and head directly to the cat food. This year they have also enjoyed a good run in the bath tub that we never use. Nick sprayed down the drain and now there are all these dead ants in the bath tub. Oh the frustration!
Post a Comment