Friday, June 14, 2013

Pillow talk

Last night I was trying to get Darby to go to sleep and we were sitting in the rocking chair. I was holding her and we were cuddling. The lights were all out in her room except for her projector night light and her noise machine was on. As we were rocking she tried everything she could to stay awake. Our "conversation" went like this: 
Darby: Mama?
Me: Yes baby?
D: Where's Dada?
Me: He's working at a ball game. 
D: Mama? Where's Nana?
Me: Nana's at her house, baby. 
D:Mama? Where's Paw Paw?
Me: Paw Paw's probably at work because he works late at night. 
*pause*
D: Hey!
Me: Hey. 
D:Let's go!
Me: *giggling* No baby, it's nite-nite time. 
*pause*
D: Book? 
Me: No baby, it's nite-nite time. 
*pause*
D: Ear? *while grabbing my ear*
Me: That's right baby. *sigh* Now it's nite-nite time....

Then she went on to point out my eyes, nose and mouth. I tried singing to her but she put her hand up to my face and said "no-no". I was a little offended. 

Some nights it is such a struggle to get her to settle down. She's always been this way and we've just assumed she thinks she'll miss something if she's asleep. But it cracks me up on nights like last night where she wants to talk about everything she can think of instead of going to sleep. 

No comments: