Monday, June 17, 2013

Fonzie the cat

We had to say see you later to a sweet furry soul this morning. I'm sad but my momma is really taking it hard. We got Fonzie in January of 1999. He was just a few weeks old then and turned out to be an amazing pet. He had the best personality and was a comforting companion to my dad when he was ill. We always joked that Fonzie didn't know he was a cat because he acted more like a dog. He was super friendly, playful and even came running when you called to him. He was a great big brother to our other cat Sylvester and a great uncle to Maggie. 

After Daddy passed away, we noticed a change in Fonzie. We wondered if he was sad because Daddy was gone. His eating habits changed and his health started to decline. We had him checked out but basically it was just old age. Fonzie lived to be 14 years old. We've never had a pet stay with us for that long. I think that's a pretty good run for a house cat! But I know Mom is especially emotional because of Fonzie's connection with Daddy. Saying goodbye to him is like losing another piece of Daddy. But I like to think of it as we're giving Daddy his cat back. 

Mom and I have been swapping photos from our phones this morning. We'll miss this little guy!







No comments: